These series addresses self-esteem and social resilience in students is fundamental to creating a safe, happy learning environment.
- a resource for investigating personal and social issues faced by primary school-aged students, with a view to building self-worth and establishing resilience in challenging situations
- issues addressed within the series include: self-management skills, interpersonal skills, decision making, goal setting, cooperation, bullying and harassment and concepts for a healthy lifestyle
- detailed teachers notes assist teachers in planning, implementing and monitoring the concepts being addressed
- student activities require them to clarify and reflect on these concepts by relating them to their own life and experiences
- students are required to assess the effectiveness or appropriateness of their own behaviour
- activities are suitable for whole-class instruction, or for use with individuals or small groups with particular needs